Question

How can I create a folder with the same name in Dropbox when a new folder is created in Box and copy its contents?

• 20 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I’m struggling to find a way to do the above. When a new folder is created in Box, I want to create another folder with the same name in Dropbox. I haven’t been able to figure out how to do this; so far, Zapier has only created the name of an already existing folder. I saw another forum post similar to this, and it didn’t have an answer. Does Zapier not have a function for when a folder is created, it creates another folder with the same name?

Also, pretty sure that Zapier cannot do this but: can Zapier copy the contents of a new folder as well? For example, let’s say folder A is created in box and 5 files are added to it, can Zapier copy folder A to Dropbox along with the 5 files inside it?

Thanks for any help.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jed 

Good question.

To give us more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Here are my steps. I’m trying to take any new folder that is created in the “Edward” folder in Box, and create a copy of that folder (and its contents, if possible) in the “Edward” folder in Dropbox. Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jed 

The attachments didn’t load.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone how are these:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jed 

That only shows part of Zap Step 1.

We’d need more context about all the Zap steps.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Don’t know why these pics aren’t working. Trying again: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jed 

For the Dropbox Folder Name field you’d map the Name variable from Box.

Then turn the Zap ON and test.

You can check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/