Question

How can I create a deal in Hubspot every time I send an invoice through Moneybird to my customer?

• 2 January 2023
  • 2 replies

We have a service business so every invoice/deal is different. I need this functionality to track the new incomming business and existing business and if the service is a one-timer or recurring to clients. That make it even more important that when the invoice is sent the deal is created in Hubspot in the correct pipeline, assigned to the right contact/company and (if possible) the automatically recognize if the contact is a one-timer deal or recurring. Could someone help me with this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sjouwers 

Good question.

Have you tried configuring your Zap steps between these apps?

You can use Filters/Paths to route data in your Zap steps.

You can use HubSpot Find/Create actions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Sjouwers!

If you haven’t done so already, I’d suggest starting with this Zap to see if it’s at least a beginning:

Moneybird: New Sales Invoice

HubSpot: Find or Create Contact

I’m not 100% sure if ‘New Sales Invoice’ is the exact trigger that you’d need. So that’s the first part. If the trigger works as expected, then you can move onto the rest of the workflow.

Ultimately, your entire Zap would probably look something like this:

Trigger: Moneybird — New Sales Invoice
Action: HubSpot — Find or Create Contact (hopefully using an email address from the trigger)
Action: HubSpot — Create Deal
Action: HubSpot — Create Association

Depending how testing goes, you may need some more steps (filters, paths, lookup tables). I’d suggest testing things out then see where you get stuck :)