Question

How can I copy all rows from Notion to Google Sheets and keep it updated?

• 12 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, I’m very new to automation trying to figure out the logic of it.

I want a simple task. Just copy my notion database to google sheets and keep it updated. I didnt see a tutorial about it in the youtube videos so I’m asking help here.

I tried but couldn’t manage to fetch all the rows to sheets.

When I add new rows to notion I want it to come up in google sheets thats all I want for now

Thanks...

sample notion db
​​​​​​
spreadsheet

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

I used this template https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations/notion/597581/generate-google-sheets-rows-for-new-items-in-notion-databases It worked well but the dates doesn’t show up. how can i fix it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @bunver , and welcome to all things Automation 😊

This post actually sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole, and I’m happy to say that I have a suggestion that I think might work. So in Notion, there seems to be a problem with it passing the “date” field type to us. But that doesn’t need to stop us!

I built a test database and connection to Google Sheets, and noticed if I set up a field with the date as a *text* field rather than date, it worked flawlessly: 

Do you want to give that a try and let me know how you get along? Happy building! 

Best,

Rachael

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @bunver - just a quick check in, were you able to follow my suggestion above, or are you still hitting a snag? Let me know and I’m happy to keep digging with you to find a solution to what you’re working on!

Best,

Rachael