Skip to main content
Question

How can I consolidate RSS updates and share them daily to a Facebook group?

• 18 February 2024
  • 10 replies

How can I achieve the following task?

I have an RSS feed that receives updates at various times throughout the day. My goal is to consolidate these updates into either one or two comprehensive feed posts daily, which I then want to share with a Facebook group.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tfraley 

Try using the Digest app: https://zapier.com/apps/digest/help

Thanks thats totaly what I was looking for.. 

However I do get an error trying to test. 

Failed to create a digest in Digest by Zapier
The app returned "Secrets can only be 36 chars in length, keys can only be 32 chars in length, value must be smaller than 250000 bytes.".

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tfraley 

For us to have context, we would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured along with the encountered step error.

@Troy Tessalone 
Thanks buddy , 

Here is a screen shot 

So my assumption was that it would combine all the added RSS entries then post them once a day in a single post. 

I’m unsure if it’s doing this. I’ve had a post go today that only had one article in it. it should of been a few. 

I’m trying to understand if I am using this correctly 

Any help would be greatly apreshiated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tfraley 

Check your Zap Runs history for activity and to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hey guys, 

Still having a bit of trouble with this.. Going in the right direction. 

It dosn’t seem to be pulling in the thumbnails into the digest and out to facebook 
Here are some images can anyone suggest how to fix this ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tfraley 

Did you check the field description link for guidance about formatting?

I’ve tried formatting but didn’t seem to help unless I missed something ..

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tfraley 

Heads up…

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/23970212345357-App-update-Facebook-Groups-app-removal

Facebook Groups app removal notice

On April 22, 2024, Zapier’s current Facebook Group app will stop working due to Meta’s announcement of sunsetting the Facebook Group API. As a result, the Facebook Groups Zapier app will no longer be available to use on Zapier from April 22, 2024. 

To prepare, here are a few dates to note:

• Beginning April 22, 2024, you won’t be able to create any new Zaps using the Facebook Group app.
  • Your Zaps using Facebook Groups will stop working on April 22, 2024.
  • You can access Zaps using Facebook Groups with view-only access until May 22, 2024.

View which of your Zaps use Facebook groups.

Alternative solutions

Zapier understands Facebook Groups have been integral to your workflows. It’s important to note that the new Facebook Groups API v19 does not include direct replacements for the triggers and actions you may have been using. This means adjustments to your current workflows will be necessary.

Facebook groups API v19 does however offer support for private relies in Facebook groups. Allowing a business to send a single message to a person who commented on a post or comment on a business’s Facebook Group. There isn’t a timeline for when this new functionality will be available on Zapier.

If you need more assistance to create continuity for your social media needs:

Wow

thanks for the information didn’t see that coming so guess I shouldn’t put a whole lot of time in this. 

thanks