Question

How can I connect Stripe with Mailchimp via Zapier for product purchases?

• 25 October 2023
  • 5 replies

I am trying to connect Stripe with Mailchimp with Zapier. I have a payment link, which is a product, but when I try the different events from Zapier, such as “new payment link”, “new payment”, “new charge”, etc., it doesn’t work, it says it can’t find any “payment”, “charge”, etc. How can I solve this? What I am trying to do is that when a client buys my product they are automatically tagged to Mailchimp. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bibi 

Good question.

Try this Zap trigger: Stripe - Checkout Session Completed.

Make sure to make a payment thru the Stripe Payment Link first.

Hello Troy!

Thank you so much for your answer.

Do I need to make myself a payment? Shouldn’t I wait to have a first client before? I will start selling next Monday 30th November. 

Thank you so much,

Bibi

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Bibi 

In order to configure the Zaps will you will need to simulate the trigger event, whether that’s from a real customer or your acting as a real customer.

I understand, so if I make a purchase now, I set up the trigger, right?. After my purchase, will Zapier tag to Mailchimp all buyers from Stripe?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Bibi 

You’ll need to test the Zap trigger step, then use the examples to configure the Zap actions steps.

You can manually test each Zap action step and review the the results in the app.

All depends on how you configure the Zap step logic and if it’s configured correctly.