Skip to main content

Hi guys, I wanted to integrate a spreadsheet in Google Sheets with a list of cities with a flight information API (I thought Tequila, but it can be any other else). The idea is that Zapier will check on the city in Tequila, look for the IATA code and populate Google Sheets with that info. Tequila is not in the list of apps and I am unsure if there is another option to do this. Thanks a lot!!!:)

Hi @EsterGM 

Resources for using APIs in Zaps:

Hi @EsterGM I am trying to think of a simper way to solve your case here. For your needs, does your spreadsheet just contain cities, and you are just populating IATA codes, or you also want more data such as flight numbers etc? 

Hi @fiona819, The idea is to populate with IATA codes a small google sheet that contains cities and prices. That should be the first step. As a second step, the idea is to take those IATA codes and look for flight information when the price in the API website is below the price of the sheet (like looking for cheap flights).

Hi @EsterGM I got you. Think that is possible, are you open to different types of APIs for the flight information? 

Hi, yes, whatever works can be used. 

Hi @EsterGM ,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did everyone’s recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hi, thank you very much for your interest. In reality I have not been able to do anything with Zapier. 

Troy Tessalone gave me a link to one of his articles about Webhooks (first time hearing about those) but no insights on how to apply them. Fiona819 had good intentions but no results, only questions on her side. I am giving up on Zapier, because I have no idea how to implement this and I am still investigating about Webhooks. A couple of days ago I discovered that Kiwi Tequila has Webhooks, but again, no idea how to use them.

Please do not feel obliged to answer back.

Ester