Skip to main content

Hi!

I have a successful Zap integrated with Google Sheets and SMS by Zapier Notification. Whenever one of my team members updates a Gantt Chart, I get an SMS text. This is all good; however, I have an issue.

If a team member updates multiple cells during their time frame, I receive a text for every single entry. So, one team member may update 12 cells, and I get 12 consecutive texts.

Is there a way to get just one SMS notification when a team member updates any cell within a given period of time? Or is there a better way for me to do this?

My purpose is simply to track when a team member updates any cell. I am kind of babysitting them to ensure they are completing a certain task.

Thank you all in advance!

P.S. I am not very skilled at this, so any help is appreciated!

Ed

Hi @Ed Z 

Perhaps look into using a Digest: https://zapier.com/apps/digest/help

Hi Troy!

Wow thank you, I think this fits what I am looking for. I will try and figure this one out. 
Thank you!!

Hi @Ed Z,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hi 

That solution was above my pay grade! 

What I ended up doing is this…

I already had a Zap to Gmail when the sheet was updated. So I setup a new Zap based off the email. Basically parsed part of the body and used that as the text automation. 

now when I get 1 email notification for the update I simply get 1 text. 

So long story it works. 

thanks for checking up and asking. I know there’s gotta be a simple way, but I made it work.

That’s awesome news @Ed Z! We’re glad to hear that you have found an alternative solution here.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗