Skip to main content
Best answer

How can I collect comments from shared Frame.io projects using Zapier?

• 18 October 2023
  • 6 replies

I would like to collect comments from Frame.io projects that are shared with me. All I see are the ones that are in my account but not the one I need, which is shared. In this example, how can I connect to the project called “The Postage”?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @byronnash 

Good question.

If you know the ID for the Team, then you can try setting a static value via the ‘Custom’ tab.

How do I find that value?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@byronnash you can get the id from the URL of the Projects ( you can see that from the browser)

I tried copying the code for the project level, the folder, and the video itself. I get a ‘not found’ error in Zapier each time. Also, the text in the browser URL does not match the Id’s that Zapier shows for my two Teams listed by default. I’m not sure where to pull those numbers from. 

I was able to get the correct ID from frame.io support. I guess that’s not available without asking? The test connection worked but when I try to enable it, I get a ‘forbidden’ error. Maybe it’s because I don’t own this team or project? I’m a collaborator on it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @byronnash,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging on the “Forbidden” error, and according to the Frame.io team, this error occurs when the account used in Zapier doesn’t have a “Team Manager” permission. In short, registering webhooks with Zapier requires that the Frame.io user be at least a “Team Manager,” as the webhook registration is actually modifying the Team’s record.

Hopefully, this helps!