Best answer

How can I change state misspellings in an address form to the correct US Post Office abbreviations?

• 9 March 2024
  • 9 replies

What is the bast way to identify a multitude of misspellings in a form for state in an address and convert it to the standard 2 capital letters used by the US Post office

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 8 April 2024, 20:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @IULMAN 

AI via ChatGPT/OpenAI will be your most flexible option.

Action: Formatter > Text > Uppercase

Come on Mr. Obvious read the question there’s more to it than just capitalization. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@IULMAN 

Try AI as suggested.

AI via ChatGPT/OpenAI will be your most flexible option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@IULMAN 

Best would be to address the formatting by making the input list a standardized dropdown list on the form.

Yes that is the logical solution but unavailable in this instance. I understand that there is a way to access a list or sheet of data (the proper abbreviation) and have it used to replace a list of misspellings? However the syntax escapes me. That is what I seek here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@IULMAN 

Try prompting AI to reference the input value against the list of values and return the derived value.

@IULMAN

Try prompting AI to reference the input value against the list of values and return the derived value.

This is the right idea but I am a novice, can you specify the zap trigger and action (I think those are the terms). Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,  Peter

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@IULMAN 

You would need to specify the app you are trying to use for the Zap trigger step.

List of available Zap triggers/actions:

ChatGPT: https://zapier.com/apps/chatgpt/integrations#triggers-and-actions

OpenAI: https://zapier.com/apps/openai/integrations#triggers-and-actions

It can take some testing and tweaking to get the AI prompt right for the desired output.

I guess I’m going to have to roll up my mental sleeves on this one. Thanks.