Question

How can I catch an API response from a Zap in a different platform

• 10 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have a chatbot workflow on a different platform that allows users to log in with the credentials saved on a Google Sheets. It works like this; user gives the necessary information (email and password in this case), and chatbot executes an API section that used to check if the information that user typed exist in the Google Sheets. But I'm having some troubles here, the API part pretty much works; it sends the data to Zap, the zap checks if a row exists that matches the given data, and according to case the Zap sets “Zap Search Was Found Status” variable true or false. The problem is, I fail to catch the “Zap Search Was Found Status” variable on the chatbot workflow. I have my API part like this:

Chatbot Workflow API Section

The “Capture Response” part doesn’t captures the response. I guess the “Zap Search Was Found Status” variable doesn't counts as a response. But I don’t know how to capture a response from a Zap. I might need to add a Zap action that sends a response, but I don’t know how to do it either. My Zap looks like this (I’m also adding the variable that I’m talking about):

Zap that I use for this project
This is the part that I’m trying to capture

I'll be glad if someone can help me with this.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bora Tugrul 

You can’t configure the default response that a Zap webhook trigger sends.

It always responds with a 200 success.

That means the response from any of your Zap action steps can’t be sent back on the Zap step 1 response.

Hi @Bora Tugrul 

You can’t configure the default response that a Zap webhook trigger sends.

It always responds with a 200 success.

That means the response from any of your Zap action steps can’t be sent back on the Zap step 1 response.

Thanks for the reply @Troy Tessalone 

Okay I understand. Is there another way that I can send the Zapier variable to my chatbot platform? Like using an action to send data for example?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Bora Tugrul 

That would depend on your Chatbot platform and their API.