Best answer

How can I automatically send summaries of new YouTube videos from specific channels or playlists to Google Docs?

• 26 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello,

Recently I am using https://videohighlight.com to save my time  listening long YouTube videos.

They deliver a really good quality summary with headings and timeline bookmarks, but also full transcript, cleaned from language and grammar errors.

I need a solution to automatically send summaries of all new videos from specific youtube channels or playlists to Google document. I don’t care if the above website is used or something similar in quality. Also maybe solution involves one tool to take the transcript out and some other to do a summary.

But I cannot find solution or idea searching through the Zapier help and community pages.

Hope anyone can help with idea how to solve this and hope it is possible.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by SamB 26 June 2023, 18:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Vesna! 👋

Video Highlight doesn’t have an integration with Zapier at present but it is on our internal wishlist of apps to add to Zapier. So I’ve gone and added your vote for it. I can’t promise when or if it will definitely be added to Zapier by but we’ll be sure to let you know when it is! 

In the meantime, if Video Highlight has an API you might be able to connect to it using a Webhooks by Zapier action (See Send webhooks in Zaps for more details). And I’d also recommend checking out our Request to add a new app to Zapier guide to see other ways you can connect to an app that isn’t currently on Zapier. 

Other than that, the OpenAI (GPT-3, DALL·E, Whisper) app has a Create Transcription action which appears to work for video files as well as audio files. I’m not sure whether it would be able to produce the same headings and timeline bookmarks as Video Highlight though. There’s a number of AI powered apps on Zapier, perhaps one of those might do what you’re after: AI Tools Apps

Hope that helps! 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you. I'll look into your suggestions. Looking forward to actual direct integration of this excellent tool.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for flagging this in community! Let us know if you do end up implementing any of these solutions! We’d love to hear about it. 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I just wish to add here solutions that I have discovered already integrated into Zapier:

1. MakeMySummary - can summarize text, links
  2. Universal Summarizer by Kagi -  can summarize text, links but also youtube videos, Twitter threads…

Haven't tried it yet, hopefully it works.

This would cut on many steps when using chatgpt or webhooks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for following up here to share your findings here @Vesna.

Those would definitely cut out the need for any additional Webhooks or ChatGPT steps! Fingers crossed it all works as hoped. 🤞

Keen to ensure you’re all set with this so please do keep us updated on how you get on. Happy to help if you run into any issues at all.