Best answer

How Can I Automatically Include Closed Dates from ClickUp Tasks to Google Sheets After an Interval?

• 18 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

with your help I was able to take a very big step towards automating an important part of my payroll. Thank you everyone!

So I have set up a zap from ClickUp to Google Sheets, it basically gives me a lot of important information about tasks such as:

• Project type
  • Start date
  • Due date
  • Assignee

The only information I want to automatically synchronize which is not yet showing is the closed date.

Ofcourse the task is only closed after a specific interval, usually about 5-10 working days.

Is there any way to enhance my current zap so that it also syncs this information?
Your help is greatly appreciated!

kind regards and have a great weekend guys :) 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 August 2023, 17:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MischaDR99 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your current Zap steps are configured to help give us more context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply @Troy Tessalone really appreciate your help! :) 

Here are screenshots of how I have currently set up my Zap

Let me know if you need anything else

I have chosen the event '’task changes'’ instead of '’new task'’ since it otherwise wouldn't sync the project number (which I add manually after the client have submitted the form)

Because the event I chose is '’task changes'’ I have set this trigger to '’assignee added'’ so that it does sync the project name which was entered by me manually. Only after that I add the assignee 
As you can see there is no data to be found yet for the delivered date since this usually takes about 5-10 working days after the initial form submission and thus creation of the task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MischaDR99 

You would need another Zap configured to detect when the Asana Task date is populated, to then find/update the GSheet Row.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone thank you very much for this answer! I actually took the time to configure this zap and I can confirm it works now!

I did however run into another issue, but let me give you a bit of context first.

Since we're a design agency we usually have to deal with revisions from the client so therefore a specific task is put to the status '’finished'’ multiple times.

The zap unfortunately keeps updating the task closed data which I actually don't want. I only want to see the date of the 1st delivery in my google sheets.

I have done some research and found that I could get this to work by creating a new custom field in ClickUp but this isn't the most convenient way to solve the situation since it requires some additional manual work.

What I also tried is creating another status in clickup called '’1st delivery'’. I just wasn't able to export the actual date and time of when a task was moved into this status.

I was wondering if you know any other way to stop the zap from updating the cell value more than once?

Hereby I share how I have currently set up my zap:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MischaDR99 

Try adding a Filter step between the 2 GSheet steps, with a condition that checks if the 1st Delivered Date ID is empty.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone this makes so much sense right now, LOL.

I guess I was too much in my head yesterday haha. Anyways thanks for all the help you provided, really appreciate it. 

Hope you have a wonderful day 😄