Question

How can I automatically export non-permanent data from Google Sheets to Slack?

• 10 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a concern right now. I want to automatically export data from google sheet to slack. However, the problem is the google sheet that contains the information is an automated one. This sheet was created by a separate zap. The spreadsheet that I need data from is not permanent. Is there a way to still export data automatically?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Monaline 

The best way to do that is to add a step in the same zap that populates Google Sheet so it would send the data in Slack

Hi @Monaline 

The best way to do that is to add a step in the same zap that populates Google Sheet so it would send the data in Slack

How can I do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Monaline!

I’m not quite sure what you want to do with the Google Sheet and Slack, could I ask you to share some more information?

• Do you want to export specific rows from the Google Sheet to Slack? Or do you want to send the whole file? 
  • You mentioned that the data isn’t permanent, do you mean that it will be a different Google Sheet every time because it was created by a different Zap?
  • How often do you need to do this? Once a day? As soon as the new sheet is created? When a new row is added to the sheet?

If we know a bit more about what you’re trying to do we can share some ideas that might help :)