Best answer

How can I automatically assign a role in my Discord server from Gumroad sales?

• 1 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi there, I’m attempting to set up a sequence in which a Discord Role is added to new Gumroad subscribers once they join the server.

I’m having trouble with the “Find User in Discord” part, as the person isn’t in the server by the time this process begins.

To summarize,

When somebody joins my Gumroad membership, I would like them to be given an automatic role on entry to the discord server.

Thanks a lot.

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 1 September 2022, 20:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Eoin , 

You cannot add a role to someone who doesn't exist :) 

So you need to have a new Zap with the Trigger App as Discord and set to “New User Added”, then you can add the action Set Role. 

Hope this helps

Hey Moh, thanks for the reply. The problem I’m having is that I have 2 different memberships that both require unique roles, so how would I add a specific role to members who join from one tier, and another specific role to people who join from the other tier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

In this case you would need to store the data somewhere (something like Google Sheets for example) and add the relevant subscription 

After that, in the New User In Discord zap add a step to fetch the user (probably using their email) from Google Sheets and then set Paths depending on the Subscription type to add the relevant role. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @Eoin! I wanted to touch base and see if you were able to get this sorted using’s @MohSwellam’s suggestions?

We’d love to know!