Question

How can I automate renaming and embedding Vimeo videos using Airtable?

• 9 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Greetings,

Can Latenode connect to Vimeo, find the last saved video in the library, rename the video from a table in airtable, and the embedded the video on my website?

I do a live video on Vimeo, when done, Vimeo saves it to my Vimeo library.

I want my assistant to fill out an airtable form, of date, speaker, and subject of video. 

The airtable will take all three inputs and rename the video in the Vimeo library and then another task to embed the video on my website 

Thanks,

Frank

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @MontanaGeek,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Hope you're well, and thanks for reaching out.

What you've specifically asked for wouldn't be possible, because Vimeo doesn't have an action available to find a video - only upload a video: https://zapier.com/apps/vimeo/integrations

ceee17855ebab653fe0b8886e751b91f.png
(view larger)

That doesn't mean that the goal you're trying to achieved can't be done via Zapier - it'd just need to be a different way. For example, Vimeo has a trigger (something to begin an automation) called "New Video of Mine":

b603a4476174d5b46a97e37d96328d1c.png
(view larger)

I see you may have started playing around with something like this here: [LINK]

You'll see in the test area that you get lots of information - this is actual information, the names of the fields, etc, that would come through when this runs for real. Do the bits of information in here help you to come up with what the name of the video?

[SCREENSHOT]

Then, if you wanted to go via Vimeo, there's the upload video action - where you can upload the video with the new name again.

However, from there, Zapier, the app, won't be able to embed the video onto your website. Another app (and I don't know which, or if one exists like this, sorry) would need to be used to embed the video into your website. 

Otherwise, another method if the naming info doesn't exist in the trigger, you could trigger a Zap based off your Airtable form being filled out. However, with this idea, the Vimeo video would need to be uploaded to another app (like Google Drive) that did have the ability to search for a file.

More than happy to discuss this with your further, please let me know your thoughts on the above, and any other questions you may have.

Let me know if you have any questions, and have a good one.

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.