Question

How can I automate my swim lesson registration process between Wufoo and SignUpGenius?

• 12 December 2022
  • 8 replies

I’m a volunteer board member at a private local swim facility.  My Aquatic Director (also a volunteer board member) has asked me to do something for which I have no experience but am willing to learn.  The problem is time.  Our board is trying to go live with registrations by 1/1/23!

Here’s an overview of the goal:

1.Link a Swim Lesson form from Wufoo to SignUpGenius for the purpose of scheduling one or more lessons.

2. Link the swim lesson time slots selected in SignUpGenius back to Wufoo to complete the registration process & pay via Stripe based on the number of time slots chosen in SignUpGenius.

Wufoo data will contain all the basic data from the client (name, phone number, email, etc) & can populate SignUpGenius with the required subset of data.

Is this even feasible to try to accomplish?  I’ve reviewed a number of tutorials & it seems like it should work.  However, my attempts to create the Zap have not been successful so far.

Please point me in theright directionl.  Many thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ottsue 

Good question.

Please post screenshot with how your Zap steps are configured and elaborate about the issues you are having when trying to configure/test the Zap steps in order for us to have more context, thanks.

Here are 2 screenshots.  Althoug SignUpGenius has been populated with at least one entry, my Zap is not seeing the data.  I cannot figure out why.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ottsue 

For the email field you have a date variable mapped, which likely is not the correct variable to map.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Thank you!  Until this morning, that was the only field to map so I chose it.  I believe all the apps were updated with data since the last time I logged in so all the Wufoo fields are now showing.

Mapping is not working but I know why.  SignUpGenius only has one field for address & Wuffo has 5: Address, Address2, City, State, Zip.  I wilklkk ask the owner of the SignUp
Genius to add matching fileds to their”SignUp”.  Let’s see what happens next...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ottsue

You should not map all the fields into the Email field.

You should only map the email variable into the Email field.

You should map the other variables to their respective fields.

E-gads, I should’ve realized that!  The time pressure is getting to me.  I’ll go fix that right now. Thank you ever so much.

OK, fixed!  I have a question:  There are 2 more fields (address & phone) in the SigUpGenius db that aren’t showing up in my Zap even after “refreshing” the data.  Do you know why that is & how I can map to those?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @Ottsue

Hmm, are you not seeing the fields at all in your zap setup or are the fields present but the data missing from those fields? Either way, I might try pulling in a new sample from SignUpGenius and ensure those missing fields are completely filled out and then resting the trigger in your setup. This should allow the Zap to pull in that lead as a new sample and see the missing fields. 😊

Also worth asking (I can’t imagine this would be the case for address and phone) but are these custom fields? 

We’ll keep an eye out for your response!