Best answer

How can I automate creating a Xero quote with project details from a Pipedrive deal?

• 12 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Are there any existing ways to create Zaps within Xero Projects?  We currently use Pipedrive to build a deal, and are looking at how to automate the quote creation between Pipedrive and Xero. Separately, we are trying to use Projects more in Xero so we can easily identify profitability of a deal/project.

Is there a way to take the products listed in a deal in Pipedrive, and add those products to a Project in Xero (or when a draft quote is created it also copies it to a Project)?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 20 May 2021, 00:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@chris.potter 

Unfortunately, not with Zapier’s current Xero integration.

Would you like me to flag this post so someone at Zapier can add your vote to a feature request?

Hi Andrew. Yes please.  Xero doesn’t provide the ability to even copy a list of stock items in a quote/PO/invoice/bill to a project. You can link them, but to be able to show profitability you have to add the products manually to the project.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@chris.potter No worries - I’ll do that for you now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @chris.potter!

I see a couple of existing feature requests that I’ve added you to (Create Inventory Item/Product + Create Project/Update Project). If you wanted to make 100% sure that those are the applicable ones for your use case, I’d suggest contacting our Support team.

Here’s a handy dandy link that will get you to the part of our contact form where you select the app (Xero) then you would add essentially the same thing you asked here. Better yet, you could link to this post and tell them that you were advised by the Community team to write in :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks, 👋

Just wanted to stop by here with a small update to share that a new Create Inventory Item action has been added to the Xero app on Zapier! 🎉 This allows you create purchased/sales items that can be marked as tracked or untracked when added in Xero.

The other feature request that was discussed here for a “Create Project/Update Project” action to be added hasn’t been implemented yet but we’ll be sure to post another update in this thread again if it is!