Question

How can I auto-create a sequence of events in Google Calendar from the date of a new event?

• 17 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I host three month online mentorship programs. The online meetings are always in the same sequence, so whenever I have a full group, I create our meeting events on Google Calendar, but it’s always the same details and distances between them, but they are not recurring let’s say every tuesday. They are something like: first meeting is then, next meeting is 8 days later, third meeting is 4 days later and the other one is 6 days later. And the sequence is always the same. 

I would like to make it so when I create the first event on the calendar, the rest of my sequence events create automatically. I tried it with Zapier but I only could get that the next event creates *let’s say* 8 days after TODAY, not the date I’ve created the first event. 

How to make the the custom delay from the NEW EVENT CREATED date not the today’s date?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Roberta 

Good question.

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode.

Check out this help article:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Roberta,

I understand you're looking to streamline your Google Calendar events with a bit of automation magic using Zapier. It's a great way to save time and keep everything organized, especially with those unique scheduling needs you have. Here's a friendly guide to get things set up:

1. Tweaking Your Zap's Starting Point:

- First things first, let's make sure your Zap kicks off at the right moment. You'll want to set your trigger to something like 'New Event in Google Calendar'. This way, it'll be looking out for when you create that first event, setting the stage for everything that follows.

2. Getting Smart with Dates:

- Next up, let's play with some dates. After your trigger, you'll use a Formatter by Zapier step. This is where the magic happens! Choose the 'Date/Time' option, then go for 'Add/Subtract Time'. Pop in the date of your first event and add the number of days you need for the next one. So, if your second meeting is 8 days after the first, that's what you'll add here.

3. Lining Up the Dominoes:

- Now, for each new event, just repeat the Formatter step. Each time, you'll base it on the date of your latest event. Say, add 4 days after the second event for the third one, and keep the pattern going.

4. Making Those Calendar Events Happen:

- After figuring out each date, the next step is to actually create those events in your Google Calendar. Use the dates you've calculated with the Formatter to set these up.

5. Give it a Test Drive:

- Before you let it run wild, give your Zap a test to make sure everything's working as expected. It's always good to iron out any wrinkles early on. And hey, if you hit a snag, Google's got a bunch of tools to help you debug and test. They're quite handy!

Warm regards,

Dillon Breytenbach

DashSquared Team