Question

How can I attach a PDF to Gmail after a Stripe payment using Zapier?

• 16 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I sell different products on Stripe.

I would like to send a special email after each product payment on Stripe.

The thing is, it sounds like I can’t attach a .PDF file to this Gmail email, from Zapier.

Would anybody mind to help me please ?

Do I have to host my file anywhere ? Or is there any chance to turn it into an URL ?

Rose from France

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Roze communications 

Help article about sending files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

This tool can be used to get the direct download link for a hosted GDrive file: https://sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured along with a specific example of the PDF link you are trying to send.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Roze communications,

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied on Saturday with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Generally, the Stripe trigger doesn't house PDFs, but if this is a document that is linked to an Onedrive or Google Drive, we might be able to access it. 

The field will accept file types like PDF, it doesn't have to be a URL.  

Can you let us know where the document is located, or if there is more information about this workflow we could dig into? 

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.