Best answer

How can I associate a Task back to a Deal in Freshsales so that I can make it a Timeneye Phase?

• 11 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

As above, I’m trying to create a Zap which takes Freshsales Tasks and turns them into Timeneye Phases.

(I’ve created another Zap which makes a Timeneye Project when a Deal is created on Freshsales.)

For my second Zap, I’ve begun by creating my Trigger step when a new Task is created in Freshsales.

Here’s where I run into trouble:

I’ve found that Freshsales Tasks don’t contain their associated Deal name, only the Deal ID as “targetables > id”.

Curiously, it only seems possible for Zapier to search Freshsales for Accounts, Contacts or Leads, and only by their name or email - so, no searching for Deals and no searching by id.

Likewise over in Timeneye, it’s also only seems possible to create and search for a Project by its name, not by any metadata like id. And the name search seems to need to be full and exact match only - I’ve tried a few typical wildcards (*, %) and have even tried making the Project name the Deal id before the Deal name (“00000000 | Deal Name”) but there doesn’t seem a way to get Timeneye to recognise the Project name from the numerical string only?

It seems like the only way to make this work would be to use the numerical id only as the Project name - but then it’s not super human friendly!

Would appreciate any thoughts or work-arounds!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 12 September 2023, 08:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @mvo,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like we have a feature request for the Find Deal action in Freshsales Classic. I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, you might be able to use Webhooks by Zapier as a workaround to fetch deals in Freshsales Classic since it’s supported in their API documentation

You can also use Webhooks by Zapier for Timeneye: https://timeneye.docs.apiary.io/#/reference/projects

Please note that Webhooks by Zapier is an advanced feature so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be so different and each request can be so unique. This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected.

If you need help setting up Webhooks by Zapier, I’d recommend reaching out to our directory of certified Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Thanks Ken! I think Webhooks is probably above my skill level for now, so fingers crossed for the feature request!