Question

How can I add pauses when reading email messages in my Zapier-Twilio integration?

• 20 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi,

Im building a simple Zap that takes an email, calls a number and reads the text out from the email.

What I am finding is that the text being read back to the called person is very quick, I wondered if there was a way to slow it down or crease a pause before moving onto the next sentence for example.

Ive tried just adding a number of spaces but that doesnt work.

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Theblarney, welcome to the Community!

Could you share some more detail about your Zap and the app that you’re using to ‘speak’ text to people? That will help us to better understand the issue so we can work with you to find a solution. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Theblarney 

Good question.

Please provide detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have enough context, thanks.

Zapier has been configured with an inbound email and an outbound call service called Twilio.

What happens is that Zapier will take the email, call the specific number configured and once the caller answers the phone, Zapier will read the message to the caller.

AS it stands, I just get zapier to read out the email subject and some additional test but its just reading it really quickly.

Below is how the message is configured…

I would like to add a pause after  the subject: test part and also I would like Zapier to repeat the message again which I know I can just copy the text again but again I would like to pause slightly between sentances

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Theblarney 

Try adding some line breaks between the sentences.

@Theblarney

Try adding some line breaks between the sentences.

Thanks, tried but didnt work..

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Theblarney 

Can you post full updated screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in order for us to have context?

@Theblarney

Can you post full updated screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in order for us to have context?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Theblarney 

You can try adding some spaces to see if that will help.

Otherwise you may have to look into using a Twilio Studio Flow for additional control.