Best answer

How can I add data to some columns in google sheets (not all) without making the other columns blank so that I can run formulas that use the imported data as an input?

• 3 June 2021
  • 2 replies

I am trying to connect a Hubspot form to Google Sheets. When the information that I want is added to the google sheets (name, email, product), other columns for which I don’t want to add any information from the form but do use the added information as an input (formulas) become blank instead of outputting the intended values. How can I fix this?

icon

Best answer by william 16 July 2021, 03:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @danielishou 

Are you able to provide a specific example so that we can better understand what you are trying to do?

Perhaps provide screenshots to add context.

FYI: Keep in mind GSheet adds new rows (different than populating an existing empty row) for the GSheet Add Row action.

Make sure to review the available help docs for GSheets with Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @danielishou, I hope you’re doing well, I just wanted to check in here!

Were you able to get things working, or can we still help out here?

When working with zaps and spreadsheet formulas, you’ll want to either include the formula directly in the zap, or you’ll want to use one sheet for your formulas and another sheet for the zap to send data to. This way you can import the data from the zap sheet into your main sheet and run the formulas on that data without any worry that the zap will clear those formulas.

It won’t always be possible to include the formulas directly in the zap, so I typically recommend using the two sheet method so the zap sends data to it’s own sheet and the formula sheet pulls data from the zap sheet using ImportRange() or something similar.