Best answer

How can I add attendees to an event in Google Calendar without removing prior ones?

• 18 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to add attendees to an existing event in google calendar (from wp forms) but get an messge saying "all existing attendess will be replaced...." How can I ADD attendees to an event without removing prior ones??

icon

Best answer by ken.a 19 December 2023, 11:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 1

I actually tested it live now, just in case the message was wrong… But - what it does is that it CANCEL the previosly registerd guests and add the new one. So - not what I wanted… 

I just want to ADD new ones to the meeting, that is . they should be able to sign up themselves to an existing meeting using WP forms → Zapier → Google meet.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Weekend 

From what I can see you can only set a meeting. You would need to have your attendees list before setting the meeting.

You could create a Google Calendar event and add attendees to it from you WP Form until some time before the event, when you then create the Google Meet meeting with all the attendees listed. 

Seems like a reasonable and flexible workaround, but may not be what you wanted. 

Sorry, I don’t see a trigger that will allow you to update a Google Meet meeting.

Userlevel 1

Well - this is a basic “sign up to an event” function I need - the event then being a Google Meet - and then people needs to be able to sign up and be invited to that event whenever they choose to do it :-)

But OK - then I know that Zapier cant solve this for me - will continue looking for solutions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Weekend,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Are you trying to add attendees on recurring event in your Google Calendar? If so, I’d suggest adding a “Find Event” step followed by the “Add Attendee/s to Event”. I have a hunch that you are using the “Update Event” to add attendees, which will replace all existing attendees.

6c18f69e2cac5b4eb2f29bbe7ee0a60c.png
(view larger)

Here’s how to add an attendee to a recurring event:

1. Add a “Find Event” action to find the next instance of the recurring event
  2. Add a “Add Attendee/s to Event” action and map out the “Recurring Event ID” value from the “Find Event” action as a custom value for the "Event" field.

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thanks a million - that did the trick :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @Weekend! I’m glad I was able to help!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗