Best answer

How can I add a newly created YouCanBook.Me contact from the booking to an existing Google Contact group?

• 3 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I have an existing zap that adds a Google Contact when a booking is made through YouCanBookMe, it has been working well. 

I would like the option to also add the newly created contact from the booking to an existing Google Contact group - ‘SCC Clients’. I have seen the option to ‘add an existing contact to a contact group’ as an additional action, but this requires me to provide an existing name or email field or select from my contacts to be able to trigger, and I'm not sure how to link this to the newly created contact?

icon

Best answer by jessyvg 5 September 2022, 11:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @SCC! To add new contacts to a group, you’ll need to add an additional Google Contacts action “Add Contact to Group” after your “New Contact” action.

To set up your “Add Contact to Group” action, you’ll need to use a custom value to select the Original ID from your “New Contact” action. This is Google Contact’s way of identifying your new contact.

Here’s an example to what that looks like:

This will then added them to your group. 

Hope this helped!