Question

How can filter ascending a Table inside a dropdown field, used in an Interfaces page?

• 10 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am new to Interfaces. I created a form and added a dropdown field, that uses dynamic options pulled from a custom Table i previously created. I am referencing the “Stand - Nume” column, which has the values manually numbered A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, A10, A11, A12 (1st screenshot below).

The issue is with the sorting of the values displayed in the dropdown, oddly being order as A1, A10, A11, A12, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9 (2nd screenshot below).

How can i get it to display in an ascending order, 1 to 12?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @Emi.Lian! 👋

It looks as though the table field is a Text field not a Dropdown type of field:
cb7f8e1bbf25743aef7f235d8eab4ae2.png

Is it that the form field used a dropdown field that’s not shown in the screenshot?

If so then you’d need to edit the ordering of the options for that Dropdown field in the table. For example:

aeff98b0dddf2bed02334b10cd5947c1.png

The form will then replicate the same ordering as present in the table field (you’ll need to refresh the form after making changes to the dropdown field):
62cdbaf33e2e0dde05c0302fe21f7dfe.png

Can you give that a try and let us know if that gets it displaying the list of options correctly?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I added a dropdown field type in my Table (see 1st screenshot, “Stand - Dropdown” column) with the same values, but its not available for selection in my Interfaces page, when i want to choose the “Selection field” in the form. Only the text field is available (see 2nd screenshot, “Stand - Text” value) 

Here are the screenshots:

1st my table

2nd my form

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for doing that @Emi.Lian. Sorry to hear the dropdown field isn’t available to select now.

You’re right! I did some testing on my end and I couldn’t get the options to appear either. It looks like this may be intentional as I spotted that there’s some help text that appears before a table is selected:
307807d13f6eb8e99f994a3d2abfaa3c.png

But if it is intentional then the option to set the Selection Source to be Another Table, when adding a Dropdown field should have been disabled. So this could either be a bug that’s preventing dropdown fields in another table from being selected, or a bug that’s incorrectly allowing folks to select Another Table as the selection source when adding a Dropdown field to a form.

I did some checking internally but couldn’t find any existing bug reports that match this. So I’d recommend reporting this to the Interfaces team so they can investigate further. You can do that using the form here: https://eap.zapier.app/interfaces

Please keep me in the loop on how you get on with them. Keen to ensure this gets sorted!