Skip to main content
Question

How can fetch Slack Private Channel info?

• 19 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone. 

Is there a way to fetch information about Slack Private Channel? I mean we have even “Find Public Channel”. Is there something like “Find Private Channel”?

Thanks!

Hello @BenjaminCreativePropeller, welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some checking but couldn’t see any existing feature requests for a “Find Private Channel” sort of action to be added. So I’d suggest contacting our Support team to submit a new feature request for that to be added using the form here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help (Select the Report a bug or feature option from the form at the bottom of the page). That’ll help to get it on the team’s radar and allow us to begin tracking interest in that sort of search action.

In the meantime, if Slack’s API has the ability to search for private channels you could use a Custom Action for Slack. Our custom actions feature would allow you to setup your own action with the help of our AI Copilot. You can learn more about custom actions here: Create a custom action.

Hope that helps. If you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can help with do let me know! 🙂