Question

How can a Zap transfer new product data to Shopify when a new row is added to an Excel, and what is considered a new row?

• 5 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I want to set a Zap that transfers data to Shopify as a new product when I add a new product (row) to my Excel sheet. I haven’t been able to get a Zap to work thus far. A couple of clarifying questions:

• does adding a new row literally mean I need to insert a new row, or does adding data in cells in the bottom row constitute a ‘new row’
  • should I be setting the zap to consider ‘update in row’ instead? If so, how long do I have to enter data in my columns of that row before the Zap is triggered?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @candrewsart 

Good question.

Help articles for using Excel in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/excel/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @candrewsart, in my experience;

1. No you do not need to right click/insert a new row. It can just be filling in the bottom row. 
  2. I would recommend using the Updated Rows trigger as a catch all as this will catch any new “inserted” rows and any updated ones. 😄

If you are not stuck on using Excel, you can also use Google Sheets which operates very similar as a live document, and has a New or Updated Spreadsheet Row option.