Best answer

Hosting Zaps on Clients' Behalf

• 16 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey there!

I’m wondering if anybody hosts Zaps for their clients for a small monthly fee. I work with very small businesses on limited budgets and many of my clients could really use one or two multi-step Zaps to make their automated systems work really well. But I feel bad saying, “You’re going to need a $20/month account to make this one thing happen.”

I’m thinking I’d offer Zap hosting through my own Professional account for...maybe $5/Zap/month. Has anybody tried this? Are there any unexpected issues you’ve encountered?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 December 2021, 17:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Todd Harper 

That is likely against the Zapier Terms of Service: https://zapier.com/tos

(E) otherwise use the Service or Software outside of the scope of the rights expressly granted herein. You agree to use the Service and Software only for your own internal business operations, and not to transfer, distribute, sell, republish, resell, lease, sublease, license, sub-license or assign the Service or use the Service for the operation of a service bureau or time-sharing service.

Topics to reference:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Todd Harper

You may need to put the value proposition of automation into perspective for your clients.

Some benefits include…

1. ROI
  2. Speed
  3. Time saving
  4. Accuracy
  5. Lower Overhead

EXAMPLE

Conditions

(Feel free to swap out the numbers and adjust the math)

1. Zapier plan costs $20/month ($240/year)
  2. Zaps will save someone 1 hour per month (12 hours per year)
  3. Someone values their time at $100/hour

If the person does those 12 hours of work, then that’s $1,200/year.

If the Zaps do those 12 hours of work, then that’s $240/year.

That’s a net return $960/year. (3x increase)

Plus, the person now has 12 hours of time to devote to other jobs that can possibly generate revenue, which would further up the ROI.

Case in point, if those 12 hours of found time generate $50/hour ($600/year), then the ROI is actually $1,560/year. (5.5x increase)

Seems like a relatively logical trade of money for time, plus other benefits.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks for digging that up Troy! Yes, that seems it would be in direct violation of the terms of service. I will continue advising clients to purchase their own accounts!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Todd Harper, welcome to the Community! :)

Troy is correct here. To confirm, by “hosting” client’s Zaps on your Zapier account and charging them a monthly fee you would be reselling Zapier which is not permitted. 

We do have an Experts Program for those who want to become Zapier Certified and use Zapier with their clients. If that’s something you’d be interested in, you can apply for it here: Ready to become a Zapier Expert?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @SamB! I have applied to the Zapier Experts program in the past, but have not been admitted yet. I have been setting up Zapier automations for my clients for about a year and a half, so I sure hope to get approved someday!