Question

Only the email address field is available when creating a contact profile in ClickFunnels from MemberVault.

Hi! I am setting up my first zap and it is not working.  I am trying to create a contact in ClickFunnels and then add them to an email list when a new customer is added to a product in membervault.

Here are my steps. 

1. I connected both MV and CF
  2. I set up a zap from MV using event when ‘added to product’ and selected the product.
  3. I then selected the email address
  4. Next I created the information for CF with event Create Contact profile
  5. I selected my CF account
  6. Then under actions it is only giving me the option to select an email address.  I can’t select any other fields.
    1. When I run the test it looks like it grabs all the other fields, but in the actual zap that is live it is only showing data in of the email and all other values are blank.
  7. I have a second action to add to email list and that action is working but it shows unknown name in CF since the contact was not setup with a first or last name.

How do i get this zap to allow me to select other fields.

Thanks!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Debbie 

Good question.

Please post full detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured so we can have enough context to evaluate and advise, thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Debbie 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

Was there an error message that the Zap received in the Zap history? If so, please send a screenshot about the error message.

Hi @Debbie 

Good question.

Please post full detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured so we can have enough context to evaluate and advise, thanks.

Hi Troy,  I guess before I take screenshots.  Is it even possible to send first and last name to Click Funnels from any app?  I tried to do a workaround and sent the data from membervault to a google sheet and it worked great.  Then I tried to send data from the google sheet to click funnels and it still only allows the email to be sent.  Is this a Click Funnels limitation?  Does it have to do with privacy?

Oops. I may have replied in wrong place.  So putting here too.

I guess before I take screenshots.  Is it even possible to send first and last name to Click Funnels from any app?  I tried to do a workaround and sent the data from membervault to a google sheet and it worked great.  Then I tried to send data from the google sheet to click funnels and it still only allows the email to be sent.  Is this a Click Funnels limitation?  Does it have to do with privacy?

Hi @Debbie 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

Was there an error message that the Zap received in the Zap history? If so, please send a screenshot about the error message.

Thanks! No error message.  

May I ask, is it even possible to send first and last name to Click Funnels from any app?  I tried to do a workaround and sent the data from membervault to a google sheet and it worked great.  Then I tried to send data from the google sheet to click funnels and it still only allows the email to be sent.  Is this a Click Funnels limitation?  Does it have to do with privacy?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Debbie 

Email is the only field available in the Zap action: ClickFunnels - Create Contact Profile

Hi @Troy Tessalone  - Thanks! That is what i was thinking as I saw the same thing when trying to set it up.

Would you happen to know why this is?  And how do people using Zapier get the first and last name into CF?  With as many users as CF had I would hope there is a solution that can be applied.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Debbie 

Those users that got the first and last name into ClickFunnels may have used ClickFunnels as the trigger step on their Zap.

@Brem  Can you share more I am not sure what you mean.  How would I do this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Debbie 

They might be using ClickFunnels as a trigger. Some members are using ClickFunnels as a form that their customers fill up, which is why they get the first and last names of their customers.