Best answer

Help Scout Replies

• 31 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi there,

I’m trying to correctly automate an email onboarding sequence we use to create a continuous experience for our customers.

When our onboarding team signs up a new customer, they’ll email the customer and CC our support team as well as another customer who’s on the account to make introductions.

We use Zapier to automate the reply from support which is used to get our customer started right away. The outline of our zap looks like this:

...where the email received in the inbox of our support team account triggers the reply from the support team account.

This works great for actually sending the email. The issue I’m having is making the “Reply to Email in Gmail” show up correctly in our Help Scout inbox.

Right now the sequence of emails displays as two separate conversations in Help Scout instead of a single continuous thread.

I attempted to use Help Scout action steps in Zapier, but in replying to a conversation I am not able to specify CC email addresses…

Any help on this would be appreciated! Let me know where I can be more specific.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 3 September 2020, 12:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I think that you’d need an Update Conversation action in order to tie the second conversation to the first (so that it’s all one conversation), so I don’t think that it’s possible to do using the Zapier Help Scout integration. 

I know that Help Scout has a lot of options for workflows, I wonder if there’s anything there that would help you to send the email that you need 🤔For example, if you always had your onboarding team include ‘introduction’ in the email to the customer and the Support Team and then you trigger a workflow whenever there’s an email from the onboarding team with that in the subject line. I don’t have admin access to a Help Scout inbox to check what you can do with a workflow, but it’s worth looking into if you haven’t already checked it out. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, @Danvers! Thank you for your response!

I did start with HelpScout’s workflow option, but unfortunately there does not appear to be functionality for reply-all or CC…

The search continues!