Question

Help Scout Data Field not showing in Set up Action when transferring to OnePageCRM

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hello

We have data fields being passed to Help Scout as shown below. All show up in the dropdown setup when transferring to OnePageCRM except “Company Name.”

Here is the Help Scout conversation clearly showing the data fields.

However, the “Company Name” data field does not show up in any of the available fields when mapping OnePageCRM “Company Name” to the available Help Scout fields. 

I’ve tried all variations. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JamesVillarreal!

Hmm, let’s see if we can figure this out. As far as I know, you should get custom fields (ie the company name) with the Conversation Created trigger so I’d expect to see the company name there. Could I check a couple of things? Are you using the Conversation Created trigger or another one? Have you tried searching for Company name in the dropdown box in your Zap? If not, in the box highlighted in the image below, type ‘Company’ to see if it will find fields with the word ‘Company’ in the name:

Let me know what you find! Thanks

Danvers 

Thanks so much for reaching out, but ….

Are you using the Conversation Created trigger or another one?

• Yes, using the “Conversation Created Trigger” provided by Zapier

Have you tried searching for Company name in the dropdown box in your Zap? If not, in the box highlighted in the image below, type ‘Company’ to see if it will find fields with the word ‘Company’ in the name:

• Yes, I have tried entering ‘Company’ in the search field but nothing shows

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

James

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @JamesVillarreal thanks for confirming those details! For the conversation you’re testing with, does that contact have a Company associated with in within Help Scout? Sometimes when testing, if we pull a conversation without an associated company, the field doesn’t get surfaced to us in the test data. Creating a conversation from a contact with an associated company and then retesting the Zap should be the best way around this. 

If you’re continuing to have trouble even after trying those steps, you might want to contact our support team for further advice: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Keep us posted - we want to make sure you’re good to go here!