Best answer

Help needed with Woocommerce and splitting orders

• 18 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I currently use a subscription plugin which allows me to capture payments from my customers on a recurring basis. We have recently launched the option to buy in longer terms such as 3 month, 6 month and 12 months. 

What I would like is when the customer purchases one of these plans, that their order details are replicated so that I have an order for every instalment of their subscription. For example if someone was to sign up in January for a three month subscription I would like to replicate their order to show the same order in January, February and March. The same would go for 6 months and 12 months. 

I think I have figured out the replicating of the orders ok, it is the changing of the dates I can’t seem to figure out! 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Fraser

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 19 August 2020, 15:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! This is a common request, and you can actually do it really easily using Zapier’s date/time function, which conveniently doesn’t even require a task - You can just add the time to the end of the date like so:

A modifier includes:

• A + or -, signifying forward or backward in time
  • A number
  • A unit of time: s (seconds), m (minutes), h (hours), d (days), month (months), y (years)

Some more info can be found here: 

https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/adjust-date-and-time-values-in-zaps

Userlevel 1

Hi Andy and others

I have now managed to get Zapier to return my intended date but the issue is with Woocommerce as Date Created is not a ready field that can be redefined. I can't seem to see a way of changing this so that when it updates the order it takes this new date.

I can see it when I test but it is the same previous date and not the one I want. Is there a way to change this through meta tag instead?

Thanks for any help you can share. 

Fraser

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In that case, you will likely need to create a new order I think - Is that possible?

Userlevel 1

Hi Andy, 

Yeah we could totally have worked it with a new order and had a custom status for each new order however it seems that the order date is not a field that can be changed in Zapier. Or at least doesn’t seem possible on any of the preset options. :(

Thanks

Fraser