Best answer

Help Needed: Big Cartel -> Notion

• 14 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Help, I'm a Zapier noob.

I’m very new to automation and just sticking my toes into the water right now. I’m creating a bunch of Notion templates for musicians to manage their careers, and I want to integrate Big Cartel into the workspace.

I can see that Zapier has a ‘When a new product is added to your store’ trigger, and I already have gotten that working into my Notion workspace, where it creates a database entry. However, is it really possible that there is no trigger for ‘Whenever your product is updated?’. If I were to put an item on ‘sale’, how can I make it update to my workspace on the same database entry?

Is there a workaround, or am I just completely misunderstanding this?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 17 January 2023, 17:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @PatrickChristoffersen 

Good question.

Check out Big Cartel Webhooks: https://developers.bigcartel.com/api/v1#webhooks

Zap trigger would be: Webhooks - Catch Hook

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @PatrickChristoffersen - checking in with how you are coming along here. Were you able to check out the webhooks section that Big Cartel offers? Hopefully this can help get you on the right track, and let us know if you have any other questions 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @PatrickChristoffersen!

As Troy mentioned, you could do this using Webhooks by Zapier and the Big Cartel API product.updated endpoint. 

In this instance you’d need to use webhooks because there isn’t a product updated trigger for Big Cartel. There is a feature request for the ability to trigger Zaps from Product Updates in Big Cartel and I’ve added you to that request. This will let let the Big Cartel team know how many users are interested in seeing that trigger added and also that we will send you an email when we have an updated. 

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!