Best answer

Having trouble linking a form submission to google sheets to email

• 2 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey Community, 

I’m trying to take a form submission from my website (hosted by squarespace) to Google Sheets and then auto-generate an email to the form submitter. I’m getting all the way through this seeing the information go through to sheets but no email is being sent. 

I think the easiest thing to do would be to do this all in a single 3 step Zap, however, I’m on the free plan right now. Do you all think that breaking this up into 2 separate Zaps is causing the mix up? 

The second zap that is having trouble is: triggered by new sheet row - email column - email. Is there a step there that I’m missing? 

Thanks for the help. 

icon

Best answer by adamsmartschan 2 March 2021, 15:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@NickS. -

Apart from paid plans being totally worth it, your steps appear to be correct. I personally prefer to fire emails from a proper marketing automation platform or Airtable, rather than Email by Zapier. For instance, you could:

• IF new submission
  • THEN create a record in Airtable

Airtable itself can automate the email send. One less system in play.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Adam!

I didn't even think about adding our CRM into the equation but that should be a step. Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep playing with it. Maybe if I add a step to mailchimp things will smooth out…

Fingers crossed!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Mailchimp is a great idea. It’s a dedicated email system, which has a quality all its own. Use Zapier to get the data in there and let Mailchimp do what it does best.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the feedback and follow up, Adam!