Best answer

Have not been successful in creating any ZAPS

• 17 February 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We don't know what this error message means.

All we want to do is Sell a webinar through WooCommerce / Zoom webinar, and capture the participants information to Constant Contact. Been trying for days.

We had trouble sending your test through.

[{"code":"300","message":"The parameter is required: phone","description":"Refer to URL: https://zoomappdocs.docs.stoplight.io/zapier"}]

icon

Best answer by jesse 27 February 2020, 21:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@mbenatar Sorry you're having difficulty getting a zap created. Can you share a screenshot of what the settings are for this step of the zap? From the error message it looks a field called "phone", or "description" or both fields are required and without those fields having information you will continue to run into this error.

We'd be able to better help you with some screenshots of your zap steps and their settings so we can tell what is going on.

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Image 2-17-20 at 11.13 AM.jpgThere is no field for "Phone" or "Description"

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@mbenatar can you send us the screenshot of the section above that. Specifically the "Customize Create Registrant" section, not this which is the "Send Data" section.

Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Image 2-17-20 at 11.28 AM.jpg

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@mbenatar It looks like the issue is actually at Zoom, in how you've configured the Webinar. Can you register an attendee directly with Zoom?

I've gone ahead and advanced this to the Zapier support team just in case, as you have everything filled out correctly from what I can tell. My guess is they will say something similar that Zoom is complaining because the webinar is missing settings on the Zoom side.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for your expertise. We are having a real issue understanding the process. Zapier certainly is NOT for a novice let alone an intermediate user.

mbenatar

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@mbenatar follow up here when you hear back from Zoom support.

Have you been able to manually register a webinar attendee directly through Zoom (without Zapier)?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes I can do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there, thanks for being patient. I noticed that we replied to your support ticket via email. I just wanted to follow up to ensure that you got the answer you were looking for. If not, please let us know and we'll follow up.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just following up on this thread with the solution to this issue.

The Zoom account has a required field that cannot be updated through the Zap, leading to this issue:

2ad23a9eb33ce9b759f7f11a237797b8.pngTo fix this, you can edit the field "Phone" in Zoom, to make it optional. Right now, the only fields that Zoom displays are "Email", "First Name" and "Last Name". Other fields should be made optional to avoid this issue.

This help page in Zoom which explains how to mark fields required or not: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202835649-Webinar-Registration-Customization.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you. I was able to find the "Phone" field in Zoom and deselect it.

Appreciate your help

benatar