Best answer

Has anyone found replacements for Google Cloud Print?

Userlevel 1

My organization uses Google Cloud Print for some fundamental parts of our workflow, and seeing as it will be ending at the end of the year we’re trying to find some solutions. Has anyone found another service that can integrate with Zapier? I imagine it might require some chaining of email + software on a desktop computer locally, which would work fine for us. 

Thanks for any help you can give.

icon

Best answer by RonW 29 September 2020, 04:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I had the same problem. I did find some very expensive solutions, but there was no way I could justify the cost.

We use a couple of Epson ET-3750 printers, and while trying to come up with an alternate solution, I run across the Epson Connect service. (https://www.epsonconnect.com/)

This free service allows you to send a PDF file to any Epson printer as an attachment in an email. I know it sounds like a peculiar way to do printing, but it works surprisingly well using Zapier with Gmail. Been doing all of our printing this way now for the past three months, and it has worked nearly flawlessly.

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the information RonW, can you please elaborate on the expensive solutions if possible? I’ve searched all over the internet, including many Google recommendations such as Papercut etc but really looking for something that will integrate well with Zapier or actually provide an automated solution.

You email solution sounds very interesting and possible solution, are you able to send parameters in the title of the email, for example to print 4 copies of the attached document?

Many thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

It has been a while since I researched this, and I did not keep any details of the expensive solutions I run across as they were not viable options. And as I recall, none of them would integrate with Zapier either.

The Epson Connect option does not allow you to set the number of copies. To get around that, I just set up my zap to send a separate email for each copy I needed. Crude, but it works.

Interestingly, Epson just announced an API for their connect service. I have signed up for it and am just waiting for my API account to be approved. Information is a bit thin, but it looks like to might be an option.

https://www.epsondevelopers.com/api/epson-connect/

Userlevel 2

Thanks for your response on this. I’m all for crude solutions as long as they do the job.

Very interesting, I will sign up and see how far it goes, at the moment it seems like the only viable solution, hopefully once I have access to the API there will be some parameters that can be passed to it.

Userlevel 1

We just released ezeep blue - our cloud printing solution - for Zapier https://zapier.com/apps/ezeep-blue/integrations. Which should be a good Google Cloud Printing replacement 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Carsten This is great news! Pricing looks reasonable, so going to sign up and give your service a try.

Userlevel 1

@RonW if you need any support or has any feedback, let me know, please. The need to select the document type will be removed in the next version.

Userlevel 1

@Carsten you service sounds promising but I just spent way too long trying to figure out how to connect my printer to your service. i am running OSX. Installed the OSX desktop app, Chrome extension...totally flummoxed on how to connect my printer. 

@marc  Hi,  I’m the community manger at ezeep, did you figure it out in the end? 

If you need any help still let me know I’ll walk you through the process.

We just released ezeep blue - our cloud printing solution - for Zapier https://zapier.com/apps/ezeep-blue/integrations. Which should be a good Google Cloud Printing replacement 

i need to print job tickets automatically. I had an existing zap that worked for years using the trigger “new file in google drive” to “print to google cloud print”. I cannot get ezeep to do this for me. simply swapping out google cloud print for ezeep didn’t work. so I’ve spent hours and hours trying to get ezeep to print the new google doc files that show up in a specific google drive folder and am getting no where.  the loss of gcp is just awful for my business. 

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, this is my first post here but I have spent the last few days pulling my hair out because of the deprecation of google cloud print and have finally found a solution I wanted to share. 

This may only apply to a few people. I was using google cloud print to print the body of receipts that I was receiving by email (where the receipt is included in the body, as opposed to as an attachment).

It looks like cloudconvert does a really good job of converting the HTML body from gmail to a pdf, and from there I upload the file to a google drive.

Here is a very basic version of the zap I use: https://zapier.com/shared/6c1e074979bf65a99086ed97daf20ac3f7fa8041

Hope this helps someone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sharing that solution for your use case, @Joshua From Behere!