Best answer

Handling Customer Logins

• 3 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

So I have been doing side work helping people with automation as I work to launch my automations agency-  mostly through Fiverr gigs. 

One thing that bugs / concerns me is that there is no great way for customers too small to use Teams accounts to invite in a consultant to do zap work for them without giving the consultant their password (which is sometimes their Google login). 

I always ask customers to change their password to a temporary one, but I feel like maybe 1 in 10 actually do that. 

Has any Zapier experts or consultants come across a good tool that will allow you to ask a customer to safely input a password so that you can use it… but cannot actually see it? Something like LastPass or 1Password but as a go between for consultants and clients? 

Especially good if its a tool already integrated with Zapier and could be used in an onboarding workflow!

`A

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 November 2021, 15:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AppGuyAaron 

Zapier is exploring/developing ways to make this situation better.

In the meantime, try using LastPass, 1Password, or Dashlane password managers for your clients to securely share passwords.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AppGuyAaron 

Plus, I find the current Zapier Teams plan cumbersome because the app connections have to be shared and the Zaps have to be shared, so I usually convince the client, that is not worth the hassle, and to let me log in to Zapier on their behalf to do the work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I do as well but the other day someone gave me their google login and boom, I had access to their email, their entire google drive, their website, etc…

Even if I a good guy and am personally not going to do anything with that access other than the work I was asked to do, it makes me uncomfortable having it. What if something happened to their stuff and they turn around and blame me? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AppGuyAaron 

A password manager app is the way to go in that case.