Question

GSheets to ZohoCRM Contacts lookup record and update one field

• 24 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello,
I have built a ZAP Zoho CRM to Zero Bounce, each time we add an email address in CRM, it triggers a verification in ZeorBounce.

Then ZeroBounce propulates a GSheet with the results.

I would like then that GSheets updated one or two fields in the CRM with the ZeroBounce results.

I found how to create a new cantact, lead, etc but not how to lookup for a record and update one specific field;

Help!!!!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mikevictorfox 

Good question.

Below are the Zoho CRM actions to find then update a module entry.

If you use the same Zap, then you won’t need the Find Module Entry step, because you can map the Module Entry ID from Step 1 to the Update Module Entry step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@mikevictorfox checking in that Troy’s suggestion above did the trick!

If you want to learn more about mapping your data, this article is handy. Let us know if you were able to update your specific field 😊

It is what I had tried, but honestly, I didn’t make it.
I would like to try the Troy suggestion in the same ZAP.

It is simply too complicate to set up for a business guy as me.

Initially, I had done the search and then update.

The thing is I just want to update ONE single field.

At the end, what I want to see in Zoho CRM is if I change the email address, it just displays the status of the email, if valid, it will then trigger an automatic workflow that sends an email to the contacts or leads.

I am almost there…

… At the end of the day, I will search individuals in LinkedIn Sales Navigator, I use Linkmatch to populate the CRM from LinkedIn… the only thing I have to do is then, find the email address. A few iterations and once valid, the workflow is triggered.

Please help.

Francois

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Francois! I think this is worth reaching out to our support team so they can work with you on a 1:1 basis to get you set up😎