Best answer

Gsheet - Typeform lookup

hello :)  basically i have this need:

i have a single question in my typeform, asking for a number.

I would like zapier to “vlookup” in a google sheet and give as output the corresponding value.

this value should be reported in the end page of the typeform.

I managed to make zapier “read” the corresponding value but i still haven’t manage how to report that in the typeform. any help is appreciated.

thanks

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 March 2023, 17:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @giampaolo 

Good question.

You may not be able to do that workflow.

What is the “end page” of the Typeform?

Pleas provide screenshots for context.

hello Troy, thanks for your answer.

I am referring to the “thank-you-page” at the end of the survey, the Ending element basically. In my case the survey is made of 1 question only and then you land on this page.

I am attaching the screen of the Ending edit page in typeform and the second step of the zap i’m trying to build. As you see in the highlighted rows, it is able to find the input value in the gsheet (“Choice 1”) and it is also reporting what are the corresponding values in the adjacent columns (i’m interested in particular in “COL$E: OWNER: ; STATUS: “ column).

What i can’t do is adding a third step that somehow reports that “OWNER: ; STATUS:” value in the thank you page. hope i was clearer now.

thanks again for the support.

Best,

Giampaolo

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@giampaolo 

Unfortunately the Zap on triggers once the Typeform has been submitted and I don’t think there is a way to have the Zap update an end page of a Typeform.

thanks Troy, is there a workaround you can suggest? even with tools other than Typeform.

thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@giampaolo 

Zapier Interfaces and Zapier Tables is close to having those capabilities.

Zapier Early Access: https://zapier.com/early-access

The thing is by the time the person submits their info, for the Zap to trigger and process, the person would already be redirected to the page, plus the page would need to be able to updated in real-time with new data.

Might be better off sending an email to the person with their results.

Zaps are back-end app-to-app automations.

Otherwise, you’d need to use front-end browser scripting to achieve the desired effect.