Question

I get 400/401 error messages when creating a Public URL through Zapier from HubSpot, which is used for Webhooks.

• 29 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to link our Hubspot Form with Greenhouse using Zapier in a way that when a new form is submitted, a prospect is created using “Zapier Webhooks”. Unfortunately, I am running into 400 error in 2 cases I tried:

1. Submit a new “resume” to an existing application, where I created a Public URL through Zapier from Hubspot, which is then used in the webhook as a source of the file/attachement. Error 400 appears.
  2. Submit a new candidate without the attachement, using Webhooks again. This time, I am getting 401 for incorrect JSON request.

In both cases, I am using Greenhouse API documentation to fill out the zap - https://developers.greenhouse.io/harvest.html#post-add-attachment-to-application

Can you help me figure out what I am doing wrong? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

Use paths for different case scenarios, and for each path use different filters to filter out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Gembo! Thanks for reaching out in community and sorry to hear you’re running into this!

I hope you don't mind, I’m going to move your question to our Code & Webhooks forum. Full transparency, since webhooks are a slightly more advanced approach support and troubleshooting for these zaps will be limited. That being said, this is the best home for your question since this is where our more savvy community members tend to hang. 🙂

One thing that may help the community are screenshots of your trigger and action setup - just be sure to remove any sensitive information like API keys, email addresses, or full names. Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Gembo 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context.

Make sure to also include the encountered error.