Best answer

Gravity Forms & Pipedrive

Hello, 

I’m trying to set up a zap but for some reaons it’s not recognizing the Person from the previous step. 

I set it up to 

1. Form Submission in Gravity Forms

2. Find Person in Pipedrive

3. Create Lead in Pipedrive

When I try to test out step 3 it doesn’t recognized the Person from the field #2.

It shows this error: 

Failed to create a lead in Pipedrive

Neither an Organization nor a Person were provided. One of them must be provided in order to create a lead.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 4 June 2022, 05:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @progreshion 

Good question.

Make sure to map the Person ID from Pipedrive.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Hello, 

Yes, here’s some screenshots: 

If helpful too I can add a video of everything too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @progreshion 

This mapped variable must be the Person ID from Step 2, not the Person Name.

You can tell because it shows 123 next to the Person field label.

Same for this field.

Ok, I tried that and here’s what I get: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1606LMgtWj20VSwPWX6qlXaYh4TzEAtoG/view?usp=sharing

Here’s the configuration: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lhJrdWcT-yHm0MsAgVLZ-227_8JMikYJ/view?usp=sharing

I removed the owner part it isn’t necessary, I was just trying to test to see why it wasn’t working. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@progreshion 

Error indicates there is an issue with the labels/tags, which are not shown in the screenshots you provided.

Try adjusting those. Similar concept, those will expect the internal ID of the label/tag if trying to map a dynamic variable.

Somethings process of eliminations is the best way to isolate the issue.

Observation

You’ll want to add spaces between the mapped variables and line breaks and possibly static labels otherwise this will appear as a blob of text.

Perfect. Thanks so much that was it. I have it resolved now. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yay, @progreshion! So stoked to hear you were able to get this resolved! 🎉 We love to see it!
I also wanted to summarize some of Troy’s responses in case it’s helpful to anyone following along:

This mapped variable must be the Person ID from Step 2, not the Person Name.

You can tell because it shows 123 next to the Person field label.

Same for this field.

If you’re experiencing “Failed to create a lead in Pipedrive”:

Error indicates there is an issue with the labels/tags, which are not shown in the screenshots you provided.

Try adjusting those. Similar concept, those will expect the internal ID of the label/tag if trying to map a dynamic variable.

Somethings process of eliminations is the best way to isolate the issue.

Observation

You’ll want to add spaces between the mapped variables and line breaks and possibly static labels otherwise this will appear as a blob of text.

Thanks again and happy zapping! ⚡️