Skip to main content
Question

Granting Discord Access when Wix Pricing Plan is purchased

Hello! Thank you in advance for your help!!!

I run my subscription-based business on Wix (Basementbrewedff.com), specifically via their “Pricing Plans.” Here is what I’m hoping to do with Zapier…

Whenever someone purchases a “Pricing Plan” (that’s what they’re called on Wix), I want to immediately grant them access to my Discord Server). Likewise, whenever someone STOPS being a paying customer (AKA cancels their pricing plan), I want to immediately remove them from my Discord Server.

The trouble I’m running into is that Zapier wants to identify the person’s Discord User ID (at least that’s how I’m understanding it). The problem is that A) I don’t have their Discord User ID because they’re a brand new customer so I have no data for them; they’re not currently IN my Discord server. And 😎 turns out the Discord User ID isn’t the easiest information to find, and I don’t want to send new customers jumping through hoops just to get in. I wonder if there’s something else—like Discord screen name?—that Zapier could use to search?

Does anyone have experience setting up this basic workflow? I’m not very good at this.

Thank you so much!

Mikey

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BBFFMikey 

You may have to explore using the Discord API to create/invite a user, but that may not be supported by the Discord API.

https://discord.com/developers/docs/intro

Discord Zap actions:

• API Request
  • Custom Action (with the help of AI)

aaaaaaaaaand this is now officially WAY over my head. 🤣 - I really appreciate you chiming in here, @Troy Tessalone . I just don’t understand any of this stuff. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BBFFMikey 

From the Discord API docs, there does not appear to be endpoints to invite users or create users.