Question

Grant offer in Kajabi - Can it be dynamic?

• 10 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi!

I have an old zap that I haven’t set up that grants an offer in Kajabi when a checkout is successful in Quaderno. Everything is working fine, it grants an offer like it should but it is a specific offer, and we have several different offers tho choose between. I wonder if it is possbile to make a zap dynamic so it detects what specific offer to grant dependent on what has been payed for? Or do I have to create a separate zap for each individual offer ion Kajabi?

Thanks in advance

Henrik

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Henrik Giaretta!

To have the Zap dynamically use a different offer each time, you’ll need to use a custom value for the offer field. That value will need to be the offer ID (not the name of the offer.  You can learn more about using custom values in this help guide: Add custom values to dropdown fields in Zaps.

Based on that, what you need is a way to tell the Zap which offer ID to use. Do you want the offer to depend on a specific product being bought? And how many different offers do you want to grant to customers? I ask because that will determine the best way to handle this in the Zap :)

Thanks!

Hi! Thanks for swift reply 😊 Yes, it is dependent an what offer they payed for. We have about 10 different offers to choose from. So I guess your suggestion could be a valid way to go. I will check your link to see if I can work it out 🙂

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Awesome! Let us know how you get on and if you need any help :)

Hi!

I just can’t get my head around this 🙄 Do you have the ability to look at our Zap?

https://zapier.com/editor/145324336/published/145324337

This is a Zap that has been in use long before I came into the picture at this company and now we are experiencing problems with it and don’t really know how it is setup.

We have several products setup in this Zap but it should grant only the one that they pay for and is visible in the Quaderno Checkout. At the moment it grants two offers for some reason, the one that is chosen in the Action but also one that isn’t chosen at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Henrik Giaretta

That’s very odd, the Grant Offer action for Kajabi should only be granting a single offer. Are there any similar Zaps running that might be granting the other offer? It could be that both Zaps are running at the same time and granting access to different offers. Do you think that could be the case? 

We don’t have the ability to look into other people’s Zaps like our Support team can. But if you can share a screenshot of the current set up of that Kajabi action that’s granting the incorrect offer we might be able to spot what’s causing this to happen. Please remember to remove/hide any private info like names and email addresses from any screenshots first. Looking forward to your reply! 🙂

Hi!

No there is only one running. We have an unpublished draft of the same Zap that’s all.’

I am including two screenshots here, don’t know what you need to see though. The first showing the overall setup of the Zap which seems to work fine. The second one is showing the different offers that we have. There is one offer selected, which feels kind off odd, it is like it is being “hard-coded” into the Zap and I don’t know how that can be dynamic? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sharing those screenshots here @Henrik Giaretta! From the look of it the Zap will always only provide access to “The Agile Product Development Process and Organization” offer. This is because it’s been selected from the available options on the Offer field’s dropdown menu.

To allow the offer to be selected dynamically you’ll need to use the Custom value option Danvers mentioned earlier (Add custom values to dropdown fields in Zaps) and select a field that contains the ID number for the Kajabi offer.
31f0c021b417405d6e78f6185c8eb194.png

But before you can select the ID, you’ll need to first add a Formatter (Utilities > Lookup Table) action (in between the Quaderno trigger and Kajabi action) that will be able to find the relevant ID based on the product that was ordered. I can’t see any search actions available for the Kajabi app so you’ll likely need to create a lookup table. The lookup table will need to have a list of the products (these need to match the product name as it appears in Quaderno) and the ID number for the relevant Kajabi offer. So essentially Quaderno will pass the lookup table the product name and the lookup table will then pass the Kajabi the relevant offer id.

You can find out more about how to use a Formatter action to create a lookup table here: Create lookup tables in Zaps

Once that lookup table is set up, you’ll then be able to select the Custom value option from the Offer field’s dropdown menu, and select the ID number that’s output by the Formatter action. 

Want to give that a try and let us know how you get on?