Question

GPT Model for Assistant - Does it Really Default to GPT 3.5?

• 13 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

In the Conversation with Assistant ChatGPT action, where we choose the model, it’s unclear to me, but the helper text below seems to imply that if I don’t specify a model here, it will default to GPT 3.5. Does that happen even if I have already specified a model in the Open AI Playground?

For example, my Assistant in the Playground is set to GPT4o. If I left the above model field blank, would it switch to GPT 3.5? If so, shouldn’t it just default to the model set in the Open AI Playground?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

HI @MJ_IATC, thanks for reaching out in the Community about this! 🎉 

It would not override an existing Assistant’s model unless a specific model version is selected in the Model field. It would only default to gpt-3.5-turbo when a new Assistant is created by the Zap.

So if you ​​​​select an existing Assistant and do not select a value in the Model field it will use the model version that’s already been selected in the Assistant’s settings in OpenAI.

Hope that helps to clarify. If you run into any further questions or if there’s anything else we can help with please do let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

@SamB Thanks for clarifying. This is what I was hoping for. However, I think ‘defaults to GPT 3.5 Turbo’ implies that if I leave the field empty, it would default to that model. Might be worth updating this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I quite agree @MJ_IATC. The wording could definitely be improved to make things clearer going forward.

I’ve submitted an internal request to get that help text updated. I can’t make any promises as to when they will get it updated by but it’s been put on their radar!