Skip to main content
Best answer

GPT-4 Turbo Availability In Zapier

• 15 December 2023
  • 3 replies

As to the best of my knowledge, GPT-4 Turbo is not explicitly mentioned as being available in Zapier. 

How can I upgrade my existing Zaps using GPT-3.5-16K to GPT-4 Turbo-128K? Does anyone have insights as to when this model will be made available?

My API key has access to this, and I am successfully using GPT-4 Turbo, with its much larger context window of 128K tokens, in several other applications that utilize the OpenAI API.

Thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Juergen B, welcome to the Community! 👋

If you have API access to it then you’d just need to select the gpt-4-1106-preview model in order to use GPT-4 Turbo:
4629712fe597667c7729861bf30d125f.png

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues or have further questions just let us know! 🙂

Hi @SamB Thank you so much for making me aware, works great!

Two additional questions:

1. What is the best strategy to switch from the “preview” to the “official” version, and how will we know this is available? 
  2. Just a minor point — could this not be labeled more intuitively? like “gpt-4 turbo preview”?

Anyway, I sure appreciate the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome @Juergen B. Glad I could help! 🤗 

What is the best strategy to switch from the “preview” to the “official” version, and how will we know this is available? 

I’d have thought that when the OpenAI API adds a new stable “official” release of the GPT-4 Turbo model  you’d need to go into the Zaps that currently have that model selected and change it to use the new version. Not an ideal approach I know but you can view a list of all Zaps using a particular app connection from the Apps page in your Zapier account. So if you have a large number of chatGPT Zaps that may be a quicket way to locate which Zaps need to be updated.

Just a minor point — could this not be labeled more intuitively? like “gpt-4 turbo preview”?

I believe the naming comes from the naming used in OpenAI API itself. See the announcement on OpenAI here: https://openai.com/blog/new-models-and-developer-products-announced-at-devday

cf4caad39a903afa8c7c38dbf7111509.png
That said, you can always reach out to our Support team to submit a feature request to have the labelling updated for that model. You can do that here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with at all! 🙂