Best answer

Can I add a pre-defined tag to new Podio items from Google Sheets using Zapier?

• 18 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone, I’m new in Zapier and i have one question about integrating google sheets with Podio.

Basically i programmed zapier to create a new item in Podio when i added new data in google sheets. It’s all working fine, but i would like that the new item created in had a pre-defined tag (determined on google Sheets). 

Can anyone help me with that ?? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 October 2023, 15:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @YURI.CALVO - This is a great question! At this time, we don’t have a function that would allow you to add a predefined tag to your newly created item in Podio.

I have put in a feature request for this on your behalf. That does a few things:

- Bring this to the attention of the team
- Help track interest in this feature being implemented
- Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks! 👋

Just wanted to pop by here with a small update to share that we’ve decided to not pursue this feature request at this time. 

There’s a potential workaround, for folks on a paid Zapier plan, that might be worth exploring. It’s a bit more advanced so may not be ideal but it involves using a Webhooks by Zapier action to make a request to Podio’s API to add the tags to the item that is created.

It looks like you’re want to use the either the Create Tags or Update Tags endpoints as they would allow you to add tags to an existing object/item in Podio. If that’s something you’re interested in, you can learn more here setting up the webhook action here: Send webhooks in Zaps

Thanks for your patience in waiting on this feature request, and please do reach out in Community again if you have any other questions at all!