Question

Google Sheets new row to update LeadConnector opportunity

• 6 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a successful connection between Zapier and LeadConnector. When a new row is added in google sheets, I want a specific opportunity to move stages, or at least have a tag added so that I can create a trigger in GHL to move stage on contact tag added. Unfortunately, the Zapier action is “Add/Update Opportunity” and it only adds a new opportunity in the stage desired versus updating the existing opportunity. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, or a workaround that allows me to move an opportunity in GHL to a different stage from a new row added to a google sheets.

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @zlouis,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into our notes, and while it looks like HighLevel uses First/Last Name to deduplicate opportunities, it actually uses email address, which is an optional field. If the email address is not set, or does not match an existing opportunity, a new opportunity will be created each time the action runs.

Additionally, could you please send a full screenshot of the “Action” section of your LeadConnector that shows all of the fields? Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Thanks so much for your response! Now, I got the Zap to work a couple times automatically at first, but now it won’t trigger. Instead, I have to transfer data manually, and when I do this the correct action happens. I do have it on “instant” new row added as the trigger, and it worked initially. Any idea what’s causing this?

Could it be because I keep turning off the Zap, deleting the google sheets row, and retrying the automation? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @zlouis,

I'm thrilled to hear that you've got your Zap up and running! However, I noticed you mentioned an issue with the Zap not triggering automatically due to deleted spreadsheet rows.

Just a heads up, deleting rows in your spreadsheet can sometimes cause a few hiccups. We've actually covered this topic in one of our help articles, which you can check out here: Common Problems with Google Sheets on Zapier.

Could you please try turning off your Zap first, then go ahead and delete all the empty rows in your spreadsheet from top to bottom. After you've done that, reconnect your Google Sheets account and then republish your Zap. This might help get your Zap triggering automatically again.

Let me know how it goes! 😊

I have a successful connection between Zapier and LeadConnector. When a new row is added in google sheets, I want a specific opportunity to move stages, or at least have a tag added so that I can create a trigger in GHL to move stage on contact tag added. Unfortunately, the Zapier action is “Add/Update Opportunity” and it only adds a new opportunity in the stage desired versus updating the existing opportunity. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, or a workaround that allows me to move an opportunity in GHL to a different stage from a new row added to a google sheets.

Thanks!

To update an existing opportunity in LeadConnector when a new row is added in Google Sheets, you're facing limitations with the available Zapier action. Instead of directly updating the opportunity, it only adds a new opportunity in the desired stage. A potential workaround could be to use a combination of Zapier and GHL. Upon adding a new row in Google Sheets, Zapier can trigger a GHL action to add a specific tag to the contact, which in turn can be set up as a trigger in GHL to move the corresponding opportunity to a different stage.