Best answer

Google Sheets find rows has a limit of 10 - ideas? Suggestions?

• 6 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

As the subject says I need to loop through more than 10 rows; any ideas? The source could be anything, doesn’t ave to be Google Sheets. I just need some feedback on what’s the best work around here? The size of this data isn’t terrible - 300 or so rows of simple CSV compliant line items, with few columns, That’s it, Airtable “Find or Create Record(s) (With Line Item Support)” also has a limit of 10?

Thank you! Boyan

PS. I am ready to accept that Google Sheets is a lost cause as all triggers are limited to 10 or 20 so what would you suggest?

icon

Best answer by bubba198 7 October 2022, 16:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @bubba198! Thanks for reaching out! 

Hmm, I think you’re right, Google Sheets may be a lost cause here. I’ve heard a lot of great things about Airtable so I while I don’t have an exact solution readily available I imagine you’ll have better luck on that platform.

My hunch is to get around the 10 row limit we’ll likely be working within their API but I could be wrong. I did find this thread in the Airtable community though unsure how relatable it is to your specific use case.

https://community.airtable.com/t/how-to-query-multiple-records/24208

Either way, I’m curious to see what the community surfaces for you! 👀

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

To second what @christina.d , I would definitely use Airtable with webhooks in Zapier to perform that. 

I have used Airtable extensively and the FETCH function gives me 1000s of records without a problem 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you both. I’m a huge Zapier fan so this is a sad they when I could solve this in just few minutes but using another competitive platform. The ability to just paste the raw static CSV into a step (module, etc) is something that I didn’t expect to find at make.com and Zapier should totally consider it as a feature in a future release:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @bubba198 

It is actually available in Zapier, Import CSV files into Zaps 

You could email the file to a gmail account or maybe even use Email by Zapier, which will then return 1000 records :) 

The reason I personally didn't recommend that in the first place is because this has some manual work (which is actually downloading the CSV file from your source, instead of having the data already somewhere and fetching through all the available data which can be updated at anytime). 

Hope this helps :) 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@MohSwellam Ah the Formatter by Zapier utility - great suggestion; I’ve actually used the formatter, just never dug into it within the CSV context. Thank you! I will give this a try just to prove a point and you’re right - my use case is non-conforming as I simply want to paste bunch of static text rather than harvest this automatically from the source...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Please try it and let me know (if you dont mind), I haven't used it myself but Id be very curious to know how it turned out, might come in handy someday :)