Question

Google Sheets data not passing to DocuSign for calculation

• 26 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Can anyone help?

My zap: Each time a new Google Sheet row is added, send a DocuSign envelope with data from the google sheet row

Issue: Some of the fields from the Google Sheet are not passing/showing up in my DocuSign template. In this case, the missing fields are supposed to be used to calculate formulas in DocuSign. I think the issue has to do with the fact that, in DocuSign, any fields used for calculations must be “validated’ as either Numbers or Dates. So i have numbers in my google sheet, and as far as i can tell they are the exact format that DocuSign wants. But for some reason they are not showing up in docusign no matter how i change the formatting settings.

Can anyone help?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Chrispk 

Help article about how to change your Zap trigger step test data to configure the Zap: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Hi Troy - thank you. Here is the screenshot identifying the 3 fields that are not passing through to docusign correctly. Not sure what to do. The column headers match the field labels in DocuSign perfectly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Chrispk 

Looks like you need to remap this Zap step.

Seems as though the DocuSign fields may have been renamed, thus the Zap config is detecting those as extra fields to be removed.

You should click the [Remove these extra fields] button, then finish remapping this Zap step.