Best answer

google sheets and trello

• 29 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone, I would appreciate help in building an automation in Google Sheet and Tarlo.

I have a column in Trello in which I have a custom filed and I want to transfer the information found in this column to a new sheet of Google Spreadsheets
But I want every month to open a new sheet with the same columns and the same data.

For example, if I defined the customer's name and the price he closed in Tarello, I would like the information to be automatically added to a new sheet whose name is April 2024,
The thing is that I want only customers who closed in April to be added to the sheet,
When the month of May arrives, I will want it to open a new sheet with customers who were added to the list in Trello in May. Of course I define all the information in custom fileds in Trello so that it can be defined in Zafir.
I will mention that I want to use the template in Google Sheets because I have formulas there that will help me analyze the information in a better way.

I would appreciate your help and thanks in advance :)

icon

Best answer by SamB 2 May 2024, 10:29

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alon1221 

Which Trello Zap trigger are you trying to use?

https://zapier.com/apps/trello/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Card move to a list. But I want that when I choose which rows are added to Google Sheet the information found in cuatom fileds in each card found in the list that I target in Trello. I hope I explained myself properly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Alon1221 👋

As the Zap is using the Card Moved to List trigger am I correct in assuming it’s been set up to run when a card is added to a “Closed” list?

If so, you could potentially try the following approach: 

• Trigger: Card Moved to List (Trello) - runs when new card added to a specific list.
  • Action: Date/Time > Format (Formatter) - formats the date and time the Zap runs (Insert the time your Zap runs into a field) to just output the month. 
  • Action: Find Worksheet (Google Sheets) - searches for an existing worksheet in a specific spreadsheet with a name that matches what’s output by the previous formatter action e.g. April. If no existing worksheet exists it can create one using the name output by the Formatter action as the title for the new worksheet - and you can define what headers it needs.
  • Action: Create Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) - adds the details from the fields mapped from Trello trigger to a new row in the relevant worksheet. Uses the custom value option to select the worksheet by using the ID output by the previous Google Sheets action.

Do you think that approach will work for your needs here? If I've misunderstood what you're looking to do or you run into any issues in setting this up just let us know. Always happy to help further!

/

Hi @Alon1221 👋

As the Zap is using the Card Moved to List trigger am I correct in assuming it’s been set up to run when a card is added to a “Closed” list?

• Trigger: Card Moved to List (Trello) - runs when new card added to a specific list.
  • Action: Date/Time > Format (Formatter) - formats the date and time the Zap runs (Insert the time your Zap runs into a field) to just output the month. 
  • Action: Find Worksheet (Google Sheets) - searches for an existing worksheet in a specific spreadsheet with a name that matches what’s output by the previous formatter action e.g. April. If no existing worksheet exists it can create one using the name output by the Formatter action as the title for the new worksheet - and you can define what headers it needs.
  • Action: Create Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) - adds the details from the fields mapped from Trello trigger to a new row in the relevant worksheet. Uses the custom value option to select the worksheet by using the ID output by the previous Google Sheets action.

Do you think that approach will work for your needs here? If I've misunderstood what you're looking to do or you run into any issues in setting this up just let us know. Always happy to help further!

First of all, thanks for the response :)

Could you please explain one more time how I define that each month will open in a Google Sheets spreadsheet.

I'm probably missing something in the second and third actions.
I think you understood me correctly but I would like to be precise,
I do manage to export the information I need in trello to Google Sheets, which means the fourth step does work for me. And the first step of course.

I don't understand if I can get to the point where I select only the desired month, and how exactly to configure it to be dynamic and each month will open a new Google Sheets spreadsheet.

I'll say what I did and tell me if I did it right:

As you said, I added Date/Time > Format (Formatter)
Date / Time in Formatter by Zapier
Transform - Format
Input - MM
To Format
DD-MM-YYYY

and the Output
output shows me today's date
02-05-2024

In Find Worksheet in Google Sheets

I choose a spreadsheet that will serve as a template for the following spreadsheets that are going to be created

on title I choose the output from the previous step
In the header I choose yes also in the output

and in Create Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets
I manage to select the information I want and successfully export it to a spreadsheet

Hi @Alon1221 👋

First of all, thanks for the response :)

Could you please explain one more time how I define that each month will open in a Google Sheets spreadsheet.

I'm probably missing something in the second and third actions.
I think you understood me correctly but I would like to be precise,
I do manage to export the information I need in trello to Google Sheets, which means the fourth step does work for me. And the first step of course.

I don't understand if I can get to the point where I select only the desired month, and how exactly to configure it to be dynamic and each month will open a new Google Sheets spreadsheet.

I'll say what I did and tell me if I did it right:

As you said, I added Date/Time > Format (Formatter)

• Date / Time in Formatter by Zapier
  • Transform - Format
  • Input - MM
  • To Format DD-MM-YYYY
  • and the Output
  • output shows me today's date
  • 02-05-2024

In Find Worksheet in Google Sheets

I choose a spreadsheet that will serve as a template for the following spreadsheets that are going to be created

on title I choose the output from the previous step
In the header I choose yes also in the output

and in Create Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets
I manage to select the information I want and successfully export it to a spreadsheet

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Apologies for the delay @Alon1221!

For the Formatter action you’d want to use {{zap_meta_human_now}} as the Input and MMMM as the custom format in the To Format field to get just the current month name output, like so:
d94a0577e249351e50ba82d0d6de2575.png

What you’ve done for the setting up of the Find Worksheet action sounds correct to me. It should look similar to this:
c8552552294ca8cc0369931491d032d2.png

Then in the Create Spreadsheet Row action you’d select the fields from Trello that contain the relevant information you want to add into each column. Just be sure to select the ID of the worksheet found/created by the previous Google Sheets action so that the Zap can add the information into the correct worksheet.

For example:

5560dd21ada45bbad75792694bb0efb9.png

Hope that helps. Please keep us updated on how you get on, keen to ensure you’re all set! 🙂